Thursday, January 17, 2013

Italian Chicken Saute


Last night I decided to use some of the chicken in we had in the freezer. You know, those big bags of frozen chicken? I know, not the best quality you could hope for. It's also a challenge to follow certain recipes when you're cooking from frozen, but hey... it fit the budget and I don't know about you but that's usually the most important things around here!

The base of this meal is actually a recipe that I came across and thought hey, don't have to spend much on that :) And lemme tell you... this was some super yummy stuff. I couldn't help but go 'yummm' in my head today at lunch every time I took a bite (yes, I ate the leftovers for lunch!). Here's the recipe I started with and the adjustments I made:

1-2 Boneless Skinless Chix Breasts, sliced against the grain (I used 5-6 frozen chicken tenders)
1 -2 Onions, sliced
1 green Pepper, sliced (I used 2 peppers)
2 Roma tomatoes, diced (I used one regular tomato)
1 tsp Italian seasoning (I didn't even notice this on the list, but I added some in lol)
Shredded Mozarella
black olives, drained & halved
2 c. egg noodles (uncooked) (4 cups of noodles... we got some hungry boys here)
2-3 tsp minced garlic
garlic salt
I added half a small can of mushrooms into the onion/pepper saute mix

For complete instructions, please see the original post on GroceryBudget101.com. I pretty much followed the instructions there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment