Thursday, January 24, 2013

Grilled Cheese Twist

I was searching and searching trying to find a take on a grilled cheese that we had ingredients in the house for. Hubby would be working late, so it was one of those times of making do with what ya got. But I didn't wanna do just plain grilled cheese. I found several that looked pretty amazing, but none that I had everything for.

So I scoured the fridge and the cabinets. Then I logged on to World of Warcraft to play for a bit. Then I did some work. Then played a cooking game (lol). All the while with ideas rummaging around in the back of my head. What I decided on was pretty simple and I wasn't quite sure how it was going to turn out...

I decided to use:

  • The sliced American cheese we had a brand new package of
  • Ham slices we had a new package of
  • Tomatoes
  • Italian seasoning
  • Curry powder


Might sound a little strange, but here was my thought. Curry has a sweet kind of feel to it (to me). The first thought when I started sprinkling it was, hey... reminds me of a holiday ham and I was using ham, so hopefully you can see my trail there.

Then I figured a little Italian seasoning. Always great with cheese! That made me think pizza, so let's add some tomatoes :) Anywho... Here it is laid out and ready to go in the pan...




  • I lightly buttered the bread on one side.
  • Then I sprinkled each piece with the seasonings (don't go crazy, just enough for a hint of taste)
  • Put a tablespoon of butter in the skillet over medium heat
  • Add one piece of bread, cheese, a few diced tomatoes, ham and top with another piece of bread
  • Let it cook for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown (every stove and skillet combo is different!)
  • Flip
  • Put on paper towels to drain.




If you decide to try, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment